Finance Assistant – Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
We are Crestview Strategy, a public affairs agency, and we are hiring a finance assistant to join our growing team.
We are a multi-national agency serving clients in every part of Canada, Washington DC, USA, and London, UK. We work with some of the largest companies in the world on a variety of interesting and complex public affairs mandates and issues.
We are looking for a talented and motivated finance professional to join our growing team. We look for a diverse range of life and work experience, a keen interest in supporting business growth, and the ability to service clients across a wide variety of sectors as part of our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for managing the full payable and receivable cycle. This is a high-volume role in which the management of vendors to optimize cash discounts is a critical deliverable. You will also be responsible for managing and leading complete ownership of receivables and the collection cycle for our business, in collaboration with the finance and business teams.
- Create and maintain payment goals and general AP performance levels.
- Verify purchase requests for materials, supplies and equipment. Verify that purchase invoices are charged to the proper accounts
- Review invoices for potential errors and/or discrepancies. Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare and enter invoices into the ERP system
- Create payment runs and obtain approval for disbursements
- Post company payments to general and sub ledgers; and reconcile ledgers
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate records
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its owners
- Form payment strategies to make timely payments and mitigate supplier objections
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate AP policies and procedures
- Reconcile and post monthly credit card and expense reports
- Post customer payments, reconcile customer accounts and sending invoice copies
- Manage all accounts receivable reconciliations
- Manage customer experience – deal with customer billing inquiries, collections and issuing statements
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by investigating information from consultants and other business stakeholders
- Resolve valid or authorized short payment and write offs by entering adjusted entries
- Assist with month/quarter/year end activities related to accounts receivable
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience of AP / AR job duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- SAP or any large ERP experience preferred, such as Quickbooks, Zoho
- Knowledge and use of ledgers, accounting practices, MS Office Suite, and other business intelligent software applications
- Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Proficient in administrative and clerical duties such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and analytical skills
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective customer service standards, with a growth mindset
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our office in Toronto and might involve travel when needed.
If you thrive for opportunity and growth in a dynamic environment, and are passionate about civic engagement, we would like to hear from you!
Crestview Strategy thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time