Research Consultant – Qualitative Research
We are Crestview Strategy, a public affairs agency, and we are hiring a Research Consultant to join our growing Research practice.
We are a multi-national agency serving clients from our locations in Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, London, U.K., Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, D.C. We work with some of the largest companies in the world on a variety of interesting and complex public affairs mandates and issues. We are looking for a talented, motivated professional eager to take up a new public affairs challenge.
As a Research Consultant specialized in qualitative research, you will provide strategic insight to our clients through the delivery of research services within the context of a high intensity public affairs environment. You are a trained and experienced qualitative researcher who can execute across the life cycle of a qualitative research project for all manner of clientele. Methods required include focus groups and in-depth interviews. You have a passion for finding answers through analyzing and understanding qualitative findings to deliver strategic advice. Conversant in quantitative methods a big plus.
- Independently manage and coordinate all aspects of the qualitative research process from proposal writing, research design, focus group logistics, moderator/interviewer guide writing, analysis and interpretation of results and preparation of reports and delivery of presentations
- Managing key operational partners (i.e., recruiters) to ensure that reliable results are delivered to internal and external clients in a timely, cost-efficient manner
- Work with clients and internal team members to ensure all aspects of the project operate smoothly
Skills and Experience:
- Completed bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5-7 years focus group moderator experience (including IDIs, dyads, triads, etc.)
- Relevant research and project management experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proactive, “can do” attitude
- High attention to detail: ability to balance overall project goal with key milestones and tasks
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite; specifically, PowerPoint
- Self-starter with superior organization skills who thrives in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and diplomatically respond to conflicting needs
- Bilingual an asset, but not required.
- Keen interest in public affairs, current events and social issues.
This full-time position would be based at either our Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, or Ottawa office, depending on the successful candidate’s preferred location and will involve travel when needed.
At Crestview Strategy, we welcome diverse and innovative thinking, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you thrive for opportunity and growth in a dynamic environment, and are passionate about civic engagement, we would love to hear from you!
Crestview Strategy thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.